Saturday, December 29, 2007

An Old Recording

This song, we recorded at my house in February 2006. It's got Hermano, Michael, me, and Liam respectively. We were the Imminent Shadows (or Eminent Shadows).

Hermano & me

Michael & Liam

It's an important song to me because it's got my best buds on it and I think it's a great track. It's probably my favorite track that I ever recorded. I remember we wrote to it the day we decided to record it. We all just sat there writing to the beat. Eddy was there too, actually. He's not a writer nor part of our crew though, so he didn't do anything but give moral support. He just sat there, hanging out in the living room with us. I remember Liam almost didn't record his part because he was too shy and my parents just walked into the house. And I think he had to leave for Australia that month, so that was one of the main reasons we wanted to record it all on the spot. I haven't seen him since.
Anyway, I thought I'd post it up because I just listened to it again today and found it inspiring just hearing my friends' voices on it. This is a "Jack in the Box" to me. Everytime I give it a listen, it jumps out and gives me this spine-tingling sensation.






The intro is a random recording of me, Michael and Liam talking near the computer. You can't really hear Liam though.
And the ending, where Hermano says, "Shout outs to all the MCs in Mars", he is referring to our friend, Ruy, who talks with a terrible lisp.