Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Moving

Hello world. I'm eating sour neon worms right now that I got at the dollar store (I only went to buy duct tape, but ended up buying 2 small pad locks for my bag, Doritos, and peanut butter Kit Kat bars which are yum).
Yes I'm leaving for Edmonton on Friday. I actually just sent off 4 of my boxes to Edmonton. I called a taxi to help me bring my boxes to the post office in Mac's just up the street. The taxi driver wasn't really helpful with my boxes and only one of them was really heavy. He was annoyed too for some reason. I think his name was Ahmed. It ended up just being 7 bucks. I asked him if he took VISA, and he scowled me so I told him I'll run and get cash. I didn't want to tip him but I gave him a dollar anyway.
It cost 147 bucks to send the boxes which should get there in 5 business days. I thought it would be like 300 dollars. But then again I didn't ask for coverage.. which I probably should have.. But it should be ok.
Now all I have left to send is my iMac, which I'll send off on Thursday because I love it too much to let it go so soon.

Anyway, the weekend was really cool. On Saturday I went to the Dominion and LCBO at Yonge and Eglinton to look for boxes but didn't really find any big ones. So then I decided to check up on Jay at Second Cup and ended up staying for over an hour, just talking to him and his buddy Chris, drinking a moccaccino, eating a chocolate cupcake, and I bought us beef shwarmas before heading over to Yonge and Dundas to meet Steph, Josh and Jeff for Nuit Blanche. Jay said he might go, and his buddy said he was already going after work. I told Jay to call me if he was going. Nuit Blanche is an annual art show which lasts all night, and goes on all around downtown and there are different artworks (or concepts) located in different places (like the mall, universities, and even the streets)..
Anyway, we went to the front of Nathan Philips Square where we could see lights flashing through the building's windows, which created animated thing things. Hard to explain. Maybe I'll post up a picture from the internet if I find one. And then we went to the Eaton Centre where there was a giant blue condom-like balloon thing hanging from the ceiling and people were taking pictures of it. I just couldn't stop imagining what would happen if it suddenly fell on everyone under it.
Oh and Steph is going to write about it too, right Steph? And she's going to post pictures up! (Don't let me down, Steph XD)
Then we went back out to look for a place for Jeff to watch Tapout wrestling on TV. And while we were out in the streets, a running gag of Jeff yelling "Tim! Tim!" went on all night. Anyway, I didn't have my ID (which for some reason I never have with me when I actually NEED it) so we couldn't get into a bar. We ended up going to Hooters XD and had 2 pitchers while Steph had her ice tea. One of the waitresses who sat us had beef with these 2 other waitresses. I just remember her going "you know, don't have to be such a bitch to me" or something like that. That was funny. So yeah, we just all sat there talking (mostly about Edmonton and movies and random whatnots) and laughing as usual, and later on, this guy named Kevin Z from Steph's work came to hang with us at Hooters. She warned us about him being weird though.
Then after Hooters, we went out to look at more art stuff. There were so many people everywhere. We walked past OCAD and were hungry so we went into a pizzeria really quick and bought some slices and drinks. I don't even know what pizzeria that was haha.

Anyway I gotta go. Gettin myself an iTouch because it's sexy. I hope I make it before the shop closes. then I'm gonna hang out with Jay at Second Cup. I'll continue this later.

No comments: