Saturday, October 11, 2008

In Edmonton

-last night Jay slept over and me, him and Nathan just ate lots of pizza and fried chicken XD
-this morning I took a cab to the airport, and almost forgot my computer monitor completely! thanks to Jay he called me 3 minutes after I left the house, telling me that I left my monitor.
-on the plane, I had a whole row to myself by the window, but I sat by the aisle.
-it's so damn cold in Edmonton. it was around 3 degrees the whole day and it's -2 right now (2:20 am)
-Edmonton looks like Fort Collins, Colorado. the whole way from the Edmonton International airport looks exactly like the way from Denver airport. we even drove around tonight and this big place called Whyte Out (?) looks exactly like Old Town in Fort Collins. it's busier here though (cuz it's Friday) and there really are lots of pretty faces (you were right Steph). it's strange how much it's like Colorado, but I love how slow paced it is here and just the way everything looks, and you can just walk anywhere you want freely. early on today I walked to the mall with my 3 cousins, and we just cut through school grounds and stuff. it was sweet. they even showed me two of my cousins' school. wow I don't know how to write that sentence XD I'm trying to say that two of my cousins showed me the school they went to XD and for a while I actually thought I was in the U.S. and not Canada. like when we were talking about school grades, I told my cousin Evan that the grading system here is different from Canada.. and then I realized that I was actually still in Canada! haha
-first thing I did when we got home (suburbia) was eat. it was heaven. we had filipino food called karekare. I just had to stuff myself.
-the house is pretty cosy. I like it. it's all carpeted and nice. it's suburbia for real. but then again.. they did come from L.A.
-I can't wait to meet people. Steph, hook me up! hehe. Oh and tell me how you liked Hoodwink! The rabbit is the best.
-I just went through my clothes that I was supposed to have received a year and a half ago, but my aunt never got around to sending them to me. I love my Tribal Gear pants.
-I have to sleep now.
-I miss my iMac haha. it should get here next week though.
-oh yeah! during lunch, we were watching Knight Rider, the new series.. and like I predicted.. it is sooooooooooooo baaaaaaad! so cheesy in the worst way, and the acting is terrible. watch an episode and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. I highly doubt it will get a 2nd season hehe.
-GOODNIGHT!

2 comments:

Carla Celiz said...

:D I'm so glad that you're enjoying it there! Hope I can come visit soon or something. ^^ Happy you finally got your clothes, too! :D I don't even remember what we bought you -___- But I'm pretty sure it's awesome. Did you also get a CD from Tito Bobong? :P And yes. ^^ I miss and love you!

Tamara said...

WHYTE AVE!!!!!!!!!! I've been to Edmonton thousands of times in my life (I exaggerate) and I've never done Whyte Ave...I'm coming to Edmonton for reading break and shopping there..among other things. You should come. I will introduce you to my swell cousin.