Friday, February 08, 2008

Be Kind Rewind Screening


I watched a free screening of Be Kind Rewind at the Cumberland theater about 8 hours ago (7pm). There were quite a lot of people, but it wasn't a full house. I was with a bunch of people from school, and we had a full row to ourselves, which was cool. It was an awesome movie. I saw the preview a few months ago and it didn't seem like much, but I wanted to watch it because Michel Gondry directed it. So I went in and it turned out to be pretty hilarious with lots of great shots. Jack Black and Mos Def were great together, and the story was interesting. Everyone should go out and watch it. It's silly and cute. The movie comes out on the 22nd of February.

At the end of the screening, Michel Gondry, the writer/director of the movie (he also directed Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and a bunch of other stuff, like music videos and commercials) was there to answer any questions anyone had. At first, people weren't raising their hands. I was thinking, "Come on, someone ask something! The guy's right there!" And only a few people seemed compelled to ask questions...including me. In fact, I got to ask him 2 questions! Which was cool, so now I can say that I got to talk to one of my favorite directors!
It was an awesome night. I think I was the only guy from school that actually knew the guy and his work. Actually, it's thanks to Mich that I ever found myself watching Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, which ended up being one of my top 3 favorite movies.
So yeah! Great night, great movie.

Oh and you should watch this Paul McCartney music video for his song, "Dance Tonight", that Michel Gondry recently directed!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I wish I went with you!!! I didn't know he did Enternal Sunshine, love that movie.