Thursday, November 13, 2008

Worky Work

So I started working last week Sunday at the Superstore. My partner in crime's name is Courtnea. We're stocking buddies in the dairy and juice section. We get things done pretty quickly. She's really cool. She's 26 and she's from here. She's gets really sarcastic, and a lot of the time she beats me to it. We usually just laugh at random things (and ponder about how much cream cheese people consume and have discussions about juices that are too healthy for you). She wuz telling me about how she worked in a nursing home once and this old Asian used to tell her, "Can you get me Minimade?" Minute Maid. And I imitated the lady how I thought she might have said it, with the accent and all that and Courtnea found it amusing haha. Courtnea laughs quite a lot. Sometimes I don't even know what she's laughing at!
Anyway, so last week I worked from Sunday to Thursday. Each day I started at 7am and finished at either 2 or 3pm. We had a lot to do because on Saturday night before work, there wuz a fire outside the Superstore, where the paper towels and toilet paper I think were being kept. Some kids apparently did it. So that night, all the workers had to be evacuated, and we were left with mountainous piles of work to do the following days. Oh yeah, I work with a South African guy too. I told him I'm from Mozambique and he was really friendly. It's cool to know there's someone from Africa here.
This week though I only worked 2 days because they cut off people's hours. I found out today that Courtnea and I had it the worst. I worked a total of 8 hours this week. I was going to work on Tuesday though, but I was sick. It was a holiday and I was going to get paid 16 an hour! Stupid sore throat. Anyway, I might work on Friday since Dylan said he'd talk to our supervisor and see if he can free up hours. Ah I like all the people I work with at Superstore. It's great. So far I know 2 people I work with who are exactly my age - Chad and Megan. I'm guessing Dylan might be 21 too, but I'm not sure.
Anywho, I worked at the movie theatre too, but I quit today (which turned out to be an easy doing). I only worked 2 days last week and I wasn't given any working days this week. I didn't like it so much because everyone wuz so young (16+, and they all thought I wuz 17) and people were on me all the time... and the computer system wuz a headache! And I guess I just don't like serving people at all, ever since working at the pizzeria... And on top of it all, I was only getting paid $8.75 an hour. But yeah, it wasn't as chill as I thought it would be. The Superstore wins!
Hmmm I guess that's it! I'm still sick and yeah.
If anyone feels like watching an indie movie.. a really sweet and funny indie movie, I highly recommend Kabluey. It's pretty cute and not cheesy at all. I found out about it randomly, searching for newly released DVDs on the internet, and this one popped up (it wuz the cool sounding title), so I downloaded it, not knowing what to expect. I really liked it. Amazingly enough, it was written, directed, and produced by the main actor, Scott Prendergast. Now go watch it and tell me what you think!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Glad you like it at the Superstore! I'll try to watch that indie movie soon, I still havnt even watched Hoodwinked.