Monday, March 19, 2007

Little "Wonders"

I've been wondering...Where is Spring? It's way past due. Sure, there were those few days last week when it was really warm and I could see the snow on the ground slowly but surely disappearing. But then it SNOWED! Mehh.
I want to be able to wear shorts again (and show off my little legs. XP) and wear just ONE shirt again and NO SWEATER when I go out. I want to be able to be loose. I don't wanna feel claustrophobic like when I take the subway because of everyone's thick jackets.
Oh, and I wanna get some Vans. I miss my old ones. And when I do get them, I wanna know that that day marks the beginning of Spring!

I miss Moz. I miss the warmth...I miss how it WASN'T actually THAT COLD (compared to here). I miss going to my friends' houses, I miss Caixinha, I miss King Pie, I miss Caracol, I miss the dirt roads. I miss the amazing cheap beer. I miss seeing the everyday familiar faces (even though I didn't know them personally). I miss the band, I miss hanging out with Roger and hearing his speeches and randomness and seeing him 'trippar'. I miss Gabs and his crazy unpredictable words and problems. I miss walking with friends and ending up at random places. I miss going to practices or hanging out with other bands and just goofing off. I miss walking up apartment stairs because their elevators never worked. I miss kicking it with Mike and 'Edward' and Mahmoud and Arif and busting jokes and teasing each other every 30 seconds then I miss seeing people get offended after a while XD I miss getting called 'the Chinese guy' or 'drummer' by people I don't know. I miss hearing Portuguese and being told to learn or that I'm getting better at it. I miss getting hit on and complimented by random people XP I miss Metal Zone, I miss the food fair. I miss the EPM shows and events. I miss going to MIS and hanging out at the indoor soccer field sometimes finding people there (then finding out who they wereafterwards XD). I miss making beats late at night and recording songs with Mike and Hermano. I miss the meticais and coming home late almost every weekend. I miss Miradoro, I miss meeting people, hearing/seeing all the drama and being told funny stories. I miss the problems with mCel and their hilarious battle with Vodacom XD I miss Naval, Coconuts, the small block parties, the barrakas XP, and I kinda miss the monhes. I miss Mundo's (even though I hardly went), I miss Mimmo's, the Chinese restaurants and the weird waiters and waitresses. I miss the chapas. I miss how sometimes it seemed like there would be eternal sunshine. I miss seeing the sun rise and set from my house. I miss looking out my bedroom window...

I miss our huge veranda. I miss I miss how every song I listened to could actually make my day. I miss DsTV (Movie Magic, wack MTV, Fashion TV, Cartoon Network, M-Net). I miss my awesome cosy room. I miss doing graffiti. I miss my mom's amazing food and her hilarious silliness. My dad's BBQs and breakfast I wouldn't usually eat. I miss messing with my dad and him threatening me then chasing me away because he couldn't take it anymore. I miss going to Bilene and those places. I miss going to the shooting range and the familiar restaurants with the fam. I miss the weird Filipino dinner parties and how I'd only go for the food then go back home completely stuffed and watch movies. I miss my sister's silliness, big cheeks, taste in music and her tantrums. I miss my bro's moody moods and his random friendliness and silliness. I miss being at home.

I miss taking a chapa and walking just to be with that someone*. I miss those compromises. I miss Luz...Jardim, Xenon...those front steps, those hidden paths, those benches, that statue, those secluded places, those sidewalks, those interruptions, that pier, the phone I used to praise...

and I miss having a maid in the house!

I really miss all that...I'm just really glad I made what seemed like the most of it before leaving...No regrets.

-Kev

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow that's a lot of things to miss!! At least the elevator at the school hardly works so it will remind you of home. You should post more pictures of home, I like seeing them.

Micha said...

gosh. this post almost made me cry. moz was amazing. i miss it so damn much. i even miss looking around to see if anyone wants to mug me. and the horrible trash dodging on the streets. fuck. and i miss my family. and my friends. and food. and i dont know how many things more.

i miss you.
thanx for the post kev. somehow, for a second, i felt back in mozambique. like nothing had ever changed...

.. and then i snapped back into reality..

this was an amazing post. and though i miss it. it made me happy. thank you. you are amazing.

and (and i will maintain this till the end of time) an amazing writer. and an amazing person.

te amo.

Anonymous said...

beautiful. i feel you.

cookiimonstah said...

oh.. i miss you soooo muchh! when you would come kiss me on tha cheek when i am having one of my many tantrums.. xD

and how you would blame me for leaving tha milk out.. or leaving my candy wrappers around the house, then a few days later.. YOU leave the milk out! and you leave your candy wrappers around XD

hope to see you in december.. :D then i will get my ONE TREE HILL MWAHAHAHAH.. oh.. and i'll see you too XP

oky dokyy
ta taaaa
bjxx*
--> coOokii mOnstahh**

Anonymous said...

gee...I don't really miss this stuff...i wanna leave this place..
I won't walk on the streets at night yo. don't want to die here.

ahah i miss the fights we had.
i miss your presence in the house.
i miss watching you play with dad's belly XD
i miss watching you make mom laugh when she'd be in angry mode. and she'd get pissed at you for that ahahah

yeah man, i miss you.

Ei, did u go to that Q-Unique thing i showed you?