Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Descending - Lamb Of God


This is a music video I directed for my Directing class.
It had to be filmed in a Michael Bay style (Bad Boys, Bad Boys 2, The Rock, Pearl Harbor), with dialogue from Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction.
Starring some of my friends!
It was fun. We filmed it here at the apartment, and just outside.

Random facts:

-Some people came later than planned, so unfortunately there was no sunlight for the rest of the video after the opening sequence.
-I got a little allergy from Ed's smoke.
-Because someone forgot to bring some, I had to buy the guns we used, from the convenience store a block away.
-My hands and Tim's froze when we were filming him outside, running in the snow.
-When Yara and Ed were being filmed in their scene, there were people in the back, watching TV.
-When Ed was on the phone, he was cursing really loud, as I told him he had to be angry there...I have hilarious footage of that.
-Ed is watching The Simpsons on the TV.
-There are two missing lines intended for the end, because...
-There is missing footage, which is with Ed getting shot, falling to the floor and smearing ketchup on his neck as blood. I thought I recorded that, but it turned out I didn't.
-One of the takes we did when Stefano had to open and run through the door, a guy showed up behind it. When I first watched that on the tape before editing, I found it hilarious.
-I edited it alone.
-Some of the shots of Yara are mirrored perspectives. I had to flip them because it didn't make sense when I had to cut between her and Ed talking. It looked like they weren't facing each other.
-Yara and Ed had their scripts in front of them on the table.
-It was hard filming Tim in the elevator because people kept coming in.
-It was harder trying to film him coming out and meeting Stefano in the hallway.
-The song was too short (so I guess it was alright that I had missing footage, otherwise it would have been hard to fit it all into the song).
-We all went to Pizza Pizza after filming...which was around 8:30 pm.
-Lamb Of God rules.
-My teacher liked my project.

Love you all.

(..you too, Mrs.*)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fucking genious. (i wish i cud spell)

Stephanie said...

Awsome job Kevin!!!! You should post your last one too.